Wednesday, February 23, 2005

 

FREEDOM!!

Every time I hear "freedom," I think of William Wallace. But Rusty Peterman at Believer Blog reminds us that freedom is a serious theological concept. (HT: Transforming Sermons)

In an age when morality and behavioral restrictions are leaving the church at a rapid clip, I always get nervous about discussions of Christian freedom. Rusty puts it very well though
More and more, I am finding freedom from the power of sin. God has given me a new heart, a new desire, and a new power in me, just as He promised (Ezekiel 36:25-27). He makes the difference. He gets all the credit. I have no reason to boast about anything that I do, like the spotlight is on me. I remember what Jesus said, “Apart from me you can do nothing� (John 15:5).
Christian freedom is not about doing what I want, it is about being free from what I want to do what God wants. That's exciting!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory