Wednesday, February 09, 2005

 

Huh?!...What?

So I'm riding along in the car and along comes one of those ads on the radio. You know the ones...for your local evening news declaring yet another new something to worry about. Usually that's the cue to change the station, but as the hand moved to the button I heard "Irritable Male Syndrome."

Well that blew my mind. First thought -- some feminist is comparing us to bowels. But then I did a Google search and then a Technorati search. Turns out there are a lot of people worried about this.

OK, I have not exactly researched thoroughly, but it looks to me like becoming a cranky old man is now a "syndrome." WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET OVER OURSELVES?

I'm sure there are gentlemen out there that suffer from some extremely virulent and ugly form of this (more likely their wives), but is this a dramatic public health crisis requiring major news coverage?

For the record, I hearby declare myself a sufferer of "CCMACS" - Curmudgeonly, Cranky, Middle-Aged Christian Syndrome.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory