Thursday, February 03, 2005

 

Is this Really Necessary?

I ran into this piece from Daily Variety a few days ago. It's a story about some of the actions of very, very disturbed teenagers in movies screened at this year's Sundance Film Festival.

I refuse to post a quote from the article and consider yourself warned if you following the link. These are not happy kids. The story does not make it clear whether the movies are documentaries or fiction pieces, but then I am not sure it entirely matters. Either way, I don't really want to see this stuff, and I cannot think of a single socially uplifting reason to make a movie about it.

My heart really hurts from kids that would do things like those mentioned. If they are real people this would just be painful to watch. If they are characters, I would have no doubt that there are real kids that did behave that way, and again, I would hurt for them.

Regardless, I doubt this is widespread behavior, and I do not think these kids are helped by having their illnesses played out in larger than life Eastman Color.

I am tempted to start attributing motive to the film makers, but it would be pure surmise on my part.

I thank God that the kids I know are not this sick, but if they were, I sure wouldn't make a movie about it.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory