Tuesday, February 22, 2005

 

Life Imitates Art

One of my favorite television programs ever was "SCTV". This Canadian production was somewhere between sketch comedy and an actual plot. It featured the misadventures of the cast of characters surrounding a tiny little television station. In one specific episode, the station's signal was consistently interrrupted by a Soviet television broadcat.

My favorite Soviet show from that episode was "Things That Fit Into The Soviet Union." It featured a large map of the Soviet Union on a back wall, with two guys with same-scale velcro appliques of various countries, US states, etc. All they would do is show, in a most bragidousious way how much of the rest of the world would fit into the Soviet Union. I howled, it just cracked me up.

Anyway, I could not help but remember and laugh when I saw this headline in Pravda:

Putin wears a 60,000-dollar watch in comparison with George W.Bush's Timex for $50

I know I am shaking in my boots knowing that Putin's watch is more expensive than Bush's.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory