Saturday, February 12, 2005

 

No, No No!

A mere two days ago, I posted on the fact that I studied science because it was not prone to the politically correct vagaries of the humanities. Now I find this article on FOXNews.
According to benchmarks for middle school education, the top objective for the district's math teachers is to teach "respect for human differences." The objective is for students to "live out the system-wide core value of 'respect for human differences' by demonstrating anti-racist/anti-bias behaviors."

Were I to teach mathematics under such guidelines, I would ignore them, or if not allowed, resign. Were I to attend such a class I would storm out and accept a failing or incomplete grade. Since I am neither and the school district where I live is not quite so misguided, I am merely tempted to fly there and offer alternate math classes free of charge.

"Anti-Racist Math" indeed! -- Find me racist math -- go on, I dare you.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory