Tuesday, February 01, 2005

 

Outrage!

I may disagree with the idea, but I have always understood the concept of "one man's rebel is another man's freedom fighter." That said, I do not see how any reasonable human being can claim anymore that the Iraqi "insurgents" are anything but murderous animals. I dare you to read this story (HT: Brothers Judd) and claim that they are anything but utterly depraved slime.

Here's the lead:
Amar was 19, but he had the mind of a four-year-old. This handicap didn't stop the insurgency's hard men as they strapped explosives to his chest and guided him to a voting centre in suburban Al-Askan.

God's judgment is widely argued in Christian circles, and I find myself vacillating between mercy and condemnation all the time. That said, I can find no mercy in this situation. This is a vile and cruel act. This is purly evil. There simply is no imaginable ideological justification for such a thing.

I cry for the boy -- I grieve for his family. I wish I could find his family and offer them some comfort.

I wish I could find the people responsible....

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory