Sunday, February 13, 2005

 

Quote of the day

This morning during worship an elderly gentleman of my aquaintance rose during the prayer request time to offer praise for the unexplained, and therefore miraculous, relief that his wife had received from an apparent heart condition. He concluded his offering with this line:
God does the healing, but your doctor sends the bill.

Now, THAT is pithy.

On a sadder note, I heard in worship this morning of the death of the man that introduced me to the writings of John Piper. Retired by the time I met him, Charles Svednson, Sr. was a great man of God. I never heard him preach, but I routinely heard him offer thanksgiving before a meal -- the man could pray. He will be sorely missed.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory