Saturday, February 05, 2005

 

Spreading the Blessing

As the former chair of my church's mission committee, Christian mission is near and dear to my heart. Not to mention the fact that two very active mission organizations are headed by close personal firends.

Matt 28:19-20
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.

I have known Rob Weingartner, Executive Director of the Outreach Foundation since junior high school. As youths, Rob and I spent a lot of time together studying scripture and doing some other things, not quite so sanctified, too.

Greg Roth, Chairman of the Board of Presbyterian Frontier Fellowship (PFF), is a long time friend (roughly 20 years) as well. I first met Greg when he was a seminary intern at the church I was attending. Greg is also the Senior Pastor of Centerville Presbyterian Church in Fremont California. Greg and his great-pastor-in-her-own-right wife Marsha officiated at my wedding to my lovely wife.

PFF also has a blogger in it's midst, Dave Hackett. I recommend this blog to anybody interested in missions. Dave turned me onto a great web site maintained by Peter Kemmerle, that contains letters and updates from missionaries around the world. It's a great way to find out what is happening in spreading the Gospel across the globe.

Missionaires around the world are on the cutting edge of doing God's spiritual and temporal work. Please stay in touch with what is going on in the mission field. Please support these organizations.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory