Sunday, February 06, 2005
Stupor Bowl Musings
- Football is a game of extended periods of boredom punctuated by brief seconds of excitement. Especially when the game is as pretenious as the Super Bowl. The game should alwasy be watched in group to fill in the dull parts -- OOPS!
- Some day, a top quality team will play to win the game, not avoid losing it.
- The commercials were not that entertaining this year.
- The Diet Pepsi spot that featured the person from "Queer Eye" crossed the line from tasteless but funny (last year's horse gas spot) to simply offensive.
- The best spot was the airport terminal applauding the returning soldiers. Thank you Anheiser-Busch for thanking the soldiers and providing a moment of sanity in an otherwise insane afternoon of frivolity.