Saturday, March 12, 2005

 

Careful Wisdom

When I started the high school Bible study my wife and I lead a couple of years ago, one of the first kids that came knew almost nothing of the Bible but this verse:

Prov 27:15
A constant dripping on a day of steady rain and a contentious woman are alike;

After I stopped laughing and my wife stop giving me the "the glare" for laughing I had to help this young man put this particular verse into some context.

Transforming Sermons has an interesting post on using Proverbs 'wisely' in preaching and teaching. (Don't you just love self reference.) I think this is an overlooked book that should be taught and preached upon far more than it is.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory