Wednesday, March 30, 2005

 

Goals and Ambitions

Scotwise is officially a favorite, even if he does have an enormous time zone advantage in his posting. His Wednesday Encouragment talks about the need for humiliation for real revivial to occur. Now there is a turth we need to hear, but hate to confront.
Is the church today ready to hear that voice? Is she bowed down before God in prostration of need, in conscious dejection of unworthiness, in passionate self-abasement and desire for that renewal which comes through renunciation?
There sure are a lot of churches that I think should confront those questions.

It is all about who we focus on, and who we are in light of that focus. New fav I Was Just Thinkinghas a great post where she explores what success really is.
My success is found in my love for Him and my love for His word, in my desire to know the word and meditate on it and study it and live it. It has nothing to do with bestseller lists or the amount of money I make each year or any other commonly used measuring stick. Success in the Kingdom of God ? and that includes His Kingdom on this earth ? is vastly different from what the world thinks of as successful.
There is a reminder I need everyday of the week. She signs her posts, "In the grip of His grace." What a wonderful sentiment and a great place to be.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory