Sunday, March 13, 2005

 

Great Words About Terri Schiavo

I am a plain spoken soul, direct and to the point sometimes to my detriment. I am also one that once I have the general idea about something, I sometimes do not pursue the details much. Terri Schiavo is an example of that. All it took was a look at the pictures and a look at the videos, and I was done. I no longer cared about motions, laws, wishes or desires. It was plain that this was near-mruder, or perhaps actual murder -- That was all I needed to know to start posting everyday urging everything I could find to save Terri's life.

Unfortunately we live in a world where those little details matter. In mu opinion, that is pretty much how we got in this mess, minding the details and missing the big picture. Anyway, I love it when someone looks into some of the details. This post from Becki Snow is wonderful in its evocation of the Hippocratic Oath and it's references to the Holocaust Museum. The spectre of Adolph Hilter is over-invoked in civil discourse in this country, but this is one situation where it really and truly applies.

I also like it when those that are far better writers than I chime in. This post from old friend Catez at Allthings2all is, as usual, marvelous. This site is where I first saw pictures of Terri and was so moved. I have chosen to post daily on the subject, even with little news just to create urgency. Catez posts less frequently, but with far more eloquence, on the topic, and she never fails to both inform and move me. Wish I could write like that.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory