Monday, March 07, 2005

 

Large Voices For Terri

I am very pleased at the very public. very loud voices for Terri that have been heard from today. I just listened to Alan Keyes on Michael Medved.

From Blogs for Terri and WICatholic Musings, we hear of a new statement from the Vatican.

The Medved/Keyes interview was troubling in that a doctor called and spoke about how this "happens every day." Of course, it was pointed out that there are two problems"
  1. In cases where it does happen there is indisputable proof that the individual whose life is ending has said unequivically that they want to die, and
  2. How can starving an individual to death possibly consitute a humane death?

The doctor pointed out that the removal of a feeding tube happens all the time. I know it does and I am very troubled by it. I worry terribly that the best answer to that is to challenge those that want to remove Terri's tube to instead do the standup thing and actually kill her. I am really afraid someone might do it. I would classify that as a backfire on the arguement. This situation is quite frustrating.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory