Monday, March 28, 2005

 

Mining the Blogdom

A trip through the Blogdom of God can be an amazing journey. It has gotten so large, that you just never know what you are going to find.

It was a great delight when so browsing that I ran across this post, it's follow-up this post and an appendix in this post from a blog called "I Was Just Thinking."

Robin Lee Hatcher is the author of this blog, and she makes quite a point
...in some things I've read (both on-line and in a couple pretty high profile magazine interviews), I'm distressed by what seems to be a trend of Christian believers reveling in their messiness, in their imperfections, holding them up as a sort of badge of honor or something. Almost enjoying the fact that they are so much like those who don't know God. What's with that? What's with picking and choosing what we will accept out of the Bible, as if our freedom in Christ gives us the right to say to God, "That doesn't fit into my politics (or whatever) so I'm going to ignore it"?

My Bible tells me that as Christ's disciple I am to become more and more conformed to the image of God's Son. I'm told I'm being changed from glory to glory. I'm told that I'm not yet what I should be but, thank God, I'm not what I used to be.
She uses a contemporary praise chorus as reference material, something which I will admit gives me pause, but she really does seem to get this whole Christianity thing pretty well, doesn't she? This post makes me hopeful. You can bet I will be returning to this blog.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory