Friday, March 11, 2005

 

More Good Freedom News

Afghanistan has its first blogger -- Afghan Warrior. I am truly amazed at how this medium is spreading freedom so fast.

While I would prefer it coming from Arab Muslims, and be a little more actively worded, the fact that Islamic clerics in Spain have issued a fatwa against Osama Bin Laden is heartening. Let's hope this is the first of many.

This is simply great news. Since the hand over, the PRC has been not so slowly trying to crank down on freedom in Hong Kong, sometimes successfully, but often failing, most notably when thousands took to the street in protest. They may yet happen again.

I was in Hong Kong a few months before the hand over and a friend there said to me that "Hong Kong will change China more than China will change Hong Kong." I think that is true, but it may be fitful in the process.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory