Wednesday, March 30, 2005

 

Terri Schiavo's Hopes Dashed - AGAIN

I gave up last week when the Supreme Court said no, but given the news of the last couple of days, I dared to hope again. But apparently the 11th Circuit was just teasing and Jesse Jackson really was up to his usual headline grabbing.

Here is something I do not understand, not for the life of me. I am obese. Less obese than I use to be, but obese nonetheless. Every mother's son in this country feels absolutely free to tell me that I may die young because of it. People get very ugly and very adamant about it -- even though it is clearly my choice. It is as if my health or ill health due to my weight is the most important thing in the world to them.

Smokers have it even worse, they have been relegated to the trash bins of humanity, made second class citizens because they engage in an activity that may have them die in their 60's instead of in their 80's. They hide in alleys, and are chastised by complete strangers for enaging in an activity that is completely legal.

And yet, behavior that will definitively result in the death of a complete innocent is lauded and encouraged. I may go bald from tearing my hair out...

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory