Wednesday, March 23, 2005

 

Terri Schiavo's Options Grow Slim

You know it already, but here is the news. I cannot bear to type what has actually happened. It looks to me like the only options left are the Supreme Court or some sort of civl disobedience on the part of the Executive Branch of the Florida government. God is good even if the world seems dark.

We have known for some time now that Greer's order forbade even oral feeding or water to Terri, but only today, I found this story that provides the text of the order. Note it does not order the removal ofthe feeding tube, rather
"Therefore it is? ORDERED AND ADJUDGED that absent a stay from the appellate courts, the guardian, MICHAEL SCHIAVO, shall cause the removal of nutrition and hydration from the ward, THERESA SCHIAVO, at 1:00 p.m. on Friday, March 18, 2005."
That is a literal death sentence by starvation. I never thought I would read such a thing from a court in this country. Greer should be impeached just for wording his order this way.

SCOTWISE admonishes us that God's desire is for us to be joyfully thankful. Thank you John -- Words I need to hear today.

Psalm 71:13-18
13 Let those who are adversaries of my soul be ashamed and consumed; let them be covered with reproach and dishonor, who seek to injure me.
14 But as for me, I will hope continually, and will praise Thee yet more and more.
15 My mouth shall tell of Thy righteousness, and of Thy salvation all day long; for I do not know the sum of them.
16 I will come with the mighty deeds of the Lord GOD; I will make mention of Thy righteousness, Thine alone.
17 O God, Thou hast taught me from my youth; and I still declare Thy wondrous deeds.
18 And even when I am old and gray, O God, do not forsake me, until I declare Thy strength to this generation, Thy power to all who are to come.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory