Friday, March 04, 2005

 

Things Are Happening For Terri

I have been worried for the last few days that things were slowing down on the Terri Schiavo front. Little did I know that I was just looking in the wrong places.

The first good news is that Michael Medved announced today that he is going to dedicate an hour of his radio show on Monday to Terri in discussion with Alan Keyes. Unknown to me until just today, Keyes has been all over this. Keyes is a sometimes very effective and sometimes "too far out there" leader. I think he is dead center in the mainstream on this issue, and I am hoping he is using the best of his skills to get the job done.

Last night I decided to explore the Catholic Blogroll some and found out where all the Terri activity really is. It made me happy to see all the posts and energy going into Terri, but it saddened me that Protestants are not equally active on the issue. I need to explore that issue, but for now, back to Terri.

The National Right To Life Committee has announced that the US Congress may act to save Terri. (HT: Blogicus) I have been wondering if there was room for federal action here, apparently there is. Let's hear for checks and balances. Write your federal representatives and Senators today!

Catholics in the Public Square as a great piece contending that Terri is a victim of prejudice. Sounds right to me.

There is some interesting court news as well. WriteWingBlog has a post on a possible appealable error by Judge Greer. Given the previous activities of the Florida Supreme Court in prior times, this does not sound like the best of all possible options, but we need to be taking a shotgun approach at this point. ProLife Blogs has a post on the specific allegations of abuse that Terri has suffered. It;s an ugly list. I doubt Greer is going to give credence to any of it because it would reflect badly on him, but we can hope, and PRAY. Finally, BlogsforTerri has a post announcing that 17 medical experts have filed briefs in court, and they expect more on Monday. Let's pile 'em on.

On the subject of prayer, Time Against Humanity calls for a 'simple fast' for Terri. They describe a simple fast:
A simple fast is when the main meal of our day is simple and the two smaller meals of our day—added together—are not as large as the main, simple meal.
They want to sustain the fast between now and March 18th, thus they propose the 'simple' formula. I've been dieting for the better part of a year and eating like that has become a common state of affairs for me. I may just pick some days and do a total fast.

One of the best things I found was that ProLife Blogs is operating an aggregator, and related blogroll (you'll see it on the left) devoted entirely to Terri. This is a great way to keep track of what is going on. You'll also note the graphic link to Terri's Fight on the left. Use it to donate!

All of this gives me new hope.

And now a challenge to my Protestant brethren. Let's get busy. Terri is not a Catholic issue. This is a straightforward matter of right and wrong. I am unaware of any school of theological thought that would allow this murder to occur. Stand up, be counted, get active. Pray, donate, pray, write, fast, blog, and pray.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory