Tuesday, March 15, 2005

 

What Terri Really Faces

Yesterday's Terri Schiavo post brought this comment:
It is going to be intense regarding Terri Schiavo as this week continues. I mean intense in the sense that "we war not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, and powers, and wickedness in high places". A verse I got very put off because it used to be bandied about so much but one that absolutely applies in this case.
It comes from friend Catez at Allthings2all. Boy are she and I on the same wavelength here. I have heard that verse quoted when someone was having trouble digging a post hole, but in this case it is serious. Never have I seen so many people determined to kill one individual. More importantly never have I seen so many wanting to do it legally. That indeed says this is a war against otherwordly powers.

On that subject Transforming Sermons provides a link to a piece from Peter Leithart that reminds us that
If God has enemies, so do we. If the world hates our Master, it will hate us too.
Has that ever been more apparent?

I have sat on this information for about a week now. I have called the congresswoman's office several times seeks comment and confirmation and they have not returned my calls. I have also called the National Right To Life Committee for confirmation and they have not returned my inquiry either. But I have a reasonable source, so I am going to go with it. This story from the Catholic News Agency reports this comment by Congresswoman Nancy Johnson of Connecticut.
She (Lori Kehoe, Congressional liaison for the National Right to Life) noted that one of the few harsh reactions came from Rep. Nancy Johnson (R-CT) who "looked right at [Schiavo's brother] and said 'that's not life...how long has she been in that coma and how much is it costing us?'"
That may be among the most reprehensible utterances I have heard regarding this entire affair. People may disagree, but to say such a thing to Terri's brother is nothing short of ugly and mean. I urge you to contact Rep. Johnson and tell her what you think of this unkind comment.

BlogsforTerri has the latest on the federal legilation pending, including this link to a TV spot on expected demonstrations around Terri's hospice.

Her are the action items -- don't just read them, do them.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory