Monday, March 28, 2005

 

What's In A Trend?

Well, according to one author -- nothing. Transforming Sermons has a great quote from a piece in Totem to Temple, the link to which I cannot make work. I'll repeat the quote here
I have decided that I am on a quest for a right theology and a deeper relationship with God. I have come to the logical conclusion that I can not afford any more Christian megatrends and fads that will come and go. I have come to the logical conclusion that I can not afford any more ?moves of God? that appear right but are grossly wrong five years from now. I have come to the logical conclusion that I can not afford to play anymore games that I want to get to the crux of the matter. I can?t afford to waste any more time on these ?fads?, ?games? and ?moves?. I need to spend my time, resources, devotion, study, and prayer time with God to ensure that I am growing as a mature believer in Christ.
There is something I have thought for a long time now -- The Jews dealt with God for about 4000 years, and we Christians, along with our Jewish cousins, have had an additional 2000. Is there really going to be that much new stuff come along after 6000 years? Maybe we should be looking for how do do it right, instead of how to do it differently. Or maybe we know how to do it right and are just avoiding it?

Let's start with our personal devotion. How much time in scripture and prayer have you spent today? I've spent some, but not enough, there's never enough.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory