Wednesday, March 23, 2005

 

Whiners and Criers

This story tempts me to tell about when I had to walk 40 miles to school every morning in 18 feet of snow.
Sleep disorder experts, armed with piles of new research, say the problem is not with Kessinger or any of his adolescent peers who battle daytime drowsiness. They insist the problem is with high school administrators who schedule classes as early as 6:30 a.m., despite the biological clocks inside teens that inhibit early morning learning.
See here's the thing. When I was an adolescent, I carried newspapers every morning at 4AM -- before school. In rural areas, kids routinely have chores before school, and our society was largely rural for a good portion of our history. Nah, I just think these kids need to get to bed earlier, experts or no.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory