Wednesday, March 23, 2005

 

Wisdom About Terri Schiavo

I am really glad someone wrote this. The idea for something like it has been running around in my head for a couple of weeks now, but I lack the literary skill to pull it off. It is a piece written to resemble C.S. Lewis' classic The Screwtape Letters concerning the current situation in the nation today. (HT: Plaidberry)

I must confess that as things have developed, I have sensed, no make that felt, the Evil One's almost physical presence. Call me mystic, but he just seems too obvious in people's absolute vigor and commitment to seeing someone die. Shuddder-Shudder.

SmartChristian quotes from Mark Bryon without granting a link, but the pull quote is fantasitc -- check it out.

Ggiven my west coast time zone, I was hoping events would have overrun this post, which I wrote Tuesday night and Terri would be in the hospital having her feeding tube reinserted. Alas...

Job 28:20-28

"Where then does wisdom come from? And where is the place of understanding?21 "Thus it is hidden from the eyes of all living, and concealed from the birds of the sky.22 "Abaddon and death say, 'With our ears we have heard a report of it.'23 "God understands its way; and He knows its place.24 "For He looks to the ends of the earth, and sees everything under the heavens.25 "When He imparted weight to the wind, and meted out the waters by measure,26 When He set a limit for the rain, and a course for the thunderbolt,27 Then He saw it and declared it; He established it and also searched it out.28 "And to man He said, 'Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.'"

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory