Thursday, March 17, 2005

 

Without Faith...

Unfortunately, I have been party to civil litigation on more than one occasion. It's not a happy process. The first lawyer that ever represented me is to this day a good friend and Christian brother. One of the first things he told me was "You will never see justice in civil court, we just try and move some money around to compensate." Sorta takes the appeal out filing a lawsuit doesn't it? But after my experiences, I know the truth and wisdom of his statement.

In my case more than the money, I wanted the particular individuals that committed wrong to comes to terms with their wrong -- no such luck. In the end all I could do was rely on God for justice at His timing. I wonder if a lack of faith doesn't go a long way towards explaining something like this.
The parents of a 23-year-old activist killed while trying to prevent the demolition of a Palestinian home is suing Caterpillar Inc., the company that made the bulldozer that ran over her.
It does not surprise me that Rachael Corrie was as misguided and wrongheaded as she was when the only place her parents would turn in a crisis like this is to a lawsuit. I'm going to pray for these people.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory