Thursday, March 31, 2005

 

Your Faith Should Not Matter?

John Danforth held forth in the NYTimes yesterday. He's a republican that thinks the religious right has too big a hold on the party. Hugh Hewitt just goes off on him in a great rebuttal. But Hugh's sidekick and producer Radioblogger has the take I like:
So according to Senator Danforth, it is just fine for us to get politically active and support the Republican Party, since their platform more closely aligns with our moral beliefs, as long as the Republicans don't listen to us.
I just do not understand people that keep their faith in some sort of box. Well, I should check that, faith can't be kept in a box, people who do this have some sort of intellectual ascent to the precepts of Christianity, but I doubt it rises to the level of actual faith.

I for one do not want a religious conviction of any sort that does not make a difference in the totality of my life, how I live, what I think about politics, all of it. That's not a religion it's a philosophy.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory