Monday, April 18, 2005

 

Food For Blog Thought

Jollyblogger wondered this past week how to be a popular blogger. (HT: Allthings2all) As usual, David has a lot to say, and as usual, it's good stuff. My favorite section is his warning against the inappropriate and poorly executed use of satire.
Satire, controversy, invective and the like are almost an art form which, when done properly, can make a good point. But when it comes to this stuff some got it and some ain't got it. Some who try to blog this way will be like me going to a junior high dance back in the 70's. I came to puberty around the time John Travolta came to fame with Saturday Night Fever. So, when it came time for junior high dances I donned my silk shirts, unbuttoned down to here, and went to the dance trying to look cool. I didn't walk into the room I strutted into the room, quite sure that everyone was impressed with my John Travolta. In truth, I just looked goofy. And some will try to imitate Luther's tough-talk or Mark Twain's wit and will end up looking more like a bad imitation of Don Rickles.
David can be such a hockey puck sometimes. And I've just proven his point.

This is a post well worth the read.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory