Tuesday, April 12, 2005

 

Fun With Animals

Watch out for that moose! The story is about efforts to decrease car/moose collisions. Turns out that moose don't like to take alternatives under highways that are designed in many places to accomodate deer and bear. I had a close encounter with a moose camping in Canada one time. Animal came right into camp and started eating my supplies. Didn't even care when I slapped him on the rump. These guys are right when they say
"We're investigating ways to manipulate the drivers and also ways to manipulate the animals," said John Perry, a biologist with the Maine Department of Transportation. "And when moose are involved, it might be easier to manipulate the driver."
While looking around MSNBC from the last item, I ran into this story which lead me to this web site.
Unfortunately, on June 30th, 2005, Toby will die. I am going to eat him. I am going to take Toby to a butcher to have him slaughter this cute bunny. I will then prepare Toby for a midsummer feast. I have several recipes under consideration, which can be seen, with some pretty graphic images, under the recipe section.

I don?t want to eat Toby, he is my friend, and he has always been the most loving, adorable pet. However, God as my witness, I will devour this little guy unless I receive 50,000$ USD into my account from donations or purchase of merchandise.
Oh come on, it made you smile a little. I think it is quite ingenious, and potentially delicious.

Needless to say the "animal rights" activists are all over this guy like white on rice. But where are they on this issue.
Yale University researchers say their study that used lasers to create remote-controlled fruit flies could lead to a better understanding of overeating and violence in humans.

Using the lasers to stimulate specific brain cells, researchers say they were able to make the flies jump, walk, flap their wings and fly.

Even headless flies took flight when researchers stimulated the correct neurons, according to the study, published in the April 7 issue of the journal Cell.
Imagine, manipulating those poor defensless headless flies, all for the sake of research into human psychological disorders. They should begin picketing Yale right away.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory