Wednesday, April 27, 2005

 

Home, Home On The Range

PIKESVILLE, Md. (AP) - A herd of buffalo somehow got loose and wandered around an upscale neighborhood Tuesday, disrupting traffic and alarming homeowners before officers managed to corral them in a tennis court.
This used to be a common sight in Abiliene or Dodge City, but now,
More than a dozen police cars and a police helicopter were used to herd the roughly 10 beasts, authorities said.
Used to be one guy on a horse could handle 10 head. I'm not even sure 10 head counts as a "herd." I realize handling buffalo, actually bison, is not a skill in high demand these days, but come on, they're dumb animals. You realize this was a 1.2 car to head ratio plus a helicopter. Sounds a bit excessive to me, but I appear to be in a minority here:
"Somehow they figured it out; I've got to give a lot of credit to the creativity of our officers," police spokesman Shawn Vinson said.
Sounds pretty self-congratulatory to me.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory