Saturday, April 23, 2005

 

I'm Starting To Really Like This New Pope

Found out some stuff about the new guy that I really like. Starting seriously, his day before his election homily on the "dictatorship of relativism" was a great speech. I really enjoyed this look by Sheep's Crib into some of it's ramifications.

While we are being serious you might enjoy Ales Rarus look at some recent catholic related quotes., and this Daniel Henninger piece that looks at some of the less quoted speeches of Benedict XVI.

In what has to be the most poorly written headline in recent history:

CLARIFICATION: Sinners unhappy with new pope

First of all, why does that require clarification? But more importantly, I though we were all sinners -- I'm pretty happy with him, so what's this headline trying to tell me?

Finally, this story will endear this guy to my wife forever.

"I went with him once," said Konrad Baumgartner, the head of the theology department at Regensburg University. "Afterwards, he went into the old cemetery behind the church.

"It was full of cats, and when he went out, they all ran to him. They knew him and loved him. He stood there, petting some and talking to them, for quite a long time. He visited the cats whenever he visited the church. His love for cats is quite famous."
So is my wife's.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory