Saturday, April 23, 2005

 

Men Matter

This story is awful. An 8-year old seriously injured a school principal with a long wooden pole.

By the time I was 8 or 9, I was physically large enough and strong enough that I could have done serious physical harm to my mother. It was only the threat that my father could return the favor that kept me in check. I am no more evilly inclined than the next guy, but boys are boys.

Had this school had a male principal there would have been no, or very little, harm done, as a man could have and would have physically taken the pole from the boy. It is not a sexist statement to say that we have got to get men back into some key positions in our society or we won't have any men left, just little monsters. Only a man can teach a boy how to be a man. Sorry ladies, it's just a fact.

While we are on the subject, Transforming Sermons is wondering about men, actually the lack thereof, in church. Good question, Milt -- I wonder if answers to some of your questions might lie in my comments above?

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory