Tuesday, April 05, 2005

 

Ministerial Sacrifice

Scotwise weaves together several sources to create a picture about genuine ministry and and what really is and is not a scarifice. He quotes John Piper
"Here in America, where everybody speaks English and eats pizza, I bellyache over an extra meeting, an ill-timed hospital call, and too many choices. Then I read of Irving Hetherington, and I think of 'normal' missionary life. I see my 'sacrifices' in a new way."
I could not help but think about my extensive quotation of Hannah Whitehall Smith from Sunday. The essence of being a Christian is sacrifice. Jesus sacrificed Himself so we do not have to die. we sacrifice ourselves to Jesus because He makes our lives so much better than we can possibly make them ourselves -- Unfortunately we are usually to bullheaded to see that.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory