Friday, April 01, 2005

 

Starting To Clean Up The Terri Schiavo Mess

As you know, once I felt like the legal manauvers were played out for Terri Schiavo, I called a hiatus to blogging about her until she passed away. When there was some hope, I would post about that, but I felt like debating related issues while she lay dying did not convey the correct priorities, she was more important than any of the issues. I was very pleased when I read some others who felt equally as squeamish about have such conversation while she was still alive.

But during that period, I have collected an enormous number of links on various topics, and now is the time to begin to sort through them. I am going to hit some highlights in this post, and then Saturday I am planning a very extensive post with more links than you can shake a blog at.

First I want to recommend this post from just yesterday by Mark Daniels. Our legal system has much to work out.

The shallowness of much of what has gone on in this debate really, really troubles me. This is the shallowest comment I found in everything I have read. Just thought I'd share.

I am very glad that there was at least one Protestant Church that was willing to take a hard-core stand on this issue, from Holy Coast. Apparently Judge Greer's church asked him to leave; I think that is probably appropriate, but I also think, they should assign a team to minister to him "in the wilderness." And if not that church, another should.

Courtesy of One Hand Clapping there as been quite a discussion about Terri's soul, be sure and read the comments and trackbacks on this link, it really is a great discussion. I long ago gave up trying to answer questions about God's judgement on specific individuals and their final destination. I really think that is God's business. What I know with certainty is that God is good, and Terri will be handled in accordance with that goodness.

Finally, The Wardrobe Door chimes in just yesterday with an opinion about what is and what is not appropriate post-Terri blogging. I think the author has a point, but I also think it very important to capitalize on the interest created in the last few weeks to deal with related issues.

Here is what I am thinking. I think the related issues fall into five broad categories:

I plan to organize my very large Saturday post in these categories. Then I am thinking about having a post each weekday, with each day corresponding to one of those five categories. In those posts I would try and link to the best stuff I could find in the category of the day from the past week. I might like to carry that on as long as the conversation continues.

I'd like some feedback on that idea. Leave some comments, or post yourself and trackback. If I do it, I would like help from the whole blogging community, sending in links and ideas. Do you think it is a good idea? Are you willing to help? Please, let me know.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory