Friday, April 22, 2005

 

Style In The NBA

I really don't care much about the NBA. Much as I love basketball, I prefer it with smaller egos, except maybe in the coaches, less talent and more teamwork.

My first real experience with professional basketball was the ABA Indiana Pacers. They were one of thebest professional basketball teams ever, and you could get decent seats at a game for under $5. But then the Pacers joined the NBA and it all went to pot.

I really quit paying attention when they drafted a punk, from the much hated UCLA, named Reggie Miller. Remember now, when they had a coach instead of an idiot I adored the Indiana Hoosiers, and only UCLA and Kentucky have better histories so of course they are hated.

Well 18 years later, honor is due. Reggie is retiring and he has done the NBA about as well as it can be done. One thing's for sure -- at his age, he is a whole lot better than a certain guy named Jordan was.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory