Sunday, April 03, 2005

 

Truly Terrifying

According to the Washington Post there may have been twenty people that knew the school shooting in Minnesota was going to happen.

I find that horrifying. I realize not all of them participated in the planning, but that they would not say something to a school offical is really troubling. In my mind it shows a real lack of compassion. I turned in a couple of friends when I was a kid for drug use, not becasue "what they were doing was wrong", but because I was genuinely concerned for their health, they were taking A LOT of prescription medications (barbituates). It was not easy, but it had to be done. Years later they thanked me.

Sadly, the kids that did not speak out about what was happening in Minnesota will never receive such thanks, because those they would have helped most are dead. Some 35 years later, my friends that I did "narc out" are still alive.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory