Friday, May 13, 2005

 

I Love My Cat...

...but I absolutely refuse to catblog. Fortunately, this is about someone else's cat. Apparently, people are willing to break the law to own something called a "Savannah," a cross between an African wildcat and a domestic housecat.

Breaking the law is bad enough, but here is the kicker
The cats - which can cost from $4,000 to $10,000 - are visually striking with their long necks and oversized ears, and they can be intimidating. They look like little leopards and grow to more than twice the size of normal cats. They love to leap and splash in water, and they don't mind taking long walks on a leash. Some people describe them as dogs in cats' bodies.

"More than ever, everyone's been calling me about the Savannah, and I'm like, 'What's going on?' " said Bash Dibra, an animal trainer in New York whose sessions, at $300 to $500 an hour, are often the last resort for people who cannot control their Savannahs.
They pay 10 grand for a cat they have to spend $500/hour to learn how to handle. My cat, I brought home for a couple of hundred in neuter fees, showed the cat box, and sat back and enjoyed the purrs. Somehow, I think I have the better deal here.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory