Sunday, May 15, 2005

 

Really Good People

Our nation is defended by some really good people. I think Milblogger Ma Duece Gunner in one of them. This post is very moving. In the post he says:
My marriage. As hard as it is to believe, I think that this deployment has strengthened my marriage. I will not even go into the shallow end of the pool describing any marriage, but I believe that comparatively, my wife and I have grown together, even while separated by a hemisphere. I miss her very much, and am SO PROUD of her strength. She has the harder job, I tell you. She is the one with the void left to fill in her daily life. Here, I miss her like crazy, but I have never been in a situation like this before, and so having a frame of reference of being with her in this instance is not here. She is the one who must wake up to the empty bed, the one who has to go about her "normal" life without the love of her life there. This is an abnormal situation for me. Am I making sense? I Love You, Woman.
In the comments I found this:
You have brought such a good balance to my life and I thank God for that. I can tend to get stressed a little too easily (okay, maybe a lot stressed), and you have taught me have a better perspective on things. You are my perfect match.

It is amazing to look back over our relationship ? and really our lives ? to see how God has been preparing us for this time. Without all the lessons we have learned together, this would have been much more difficult. I agree that this past year has made our relationship stronger. I feel like we have both grown so much.

Keep up the good work My Love. I am very proud and very thankful of all that you do. Thanks for being my husband. I love you
The world does not see enough marriages like that anymore. I think it is great for them and I think it is great that they are willing to lay it out there for the world to see.

They are in my prayers, and I hope in yours as well.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory