Thursday, May 19, 2005

 

Rising To The Challenge

Jollyblogger has called me out.
But because I don't want to be left out in all of these challenges, I want to issue a challenge of my own. That's right, I take a backseat to no one in these matters - if my buddies Adrian and John can issue a challenge, well so can I.

With this challenge we will see who the elite of the blogosphere really are, yea verily this is a challenge which will cause the cream of the blogosphere to rise to the top. The question is - have you got what it takes to rise to the challenge??...

...I challenge every blogger to send me a check or cash in an amount not less than $25 nor to exceed $100 and then to write your own personal love letter to me on your blog. And I'll even expand the challenge to non-bloggers. If you don't have a blog you can send me a hand written love note when you send in your check or money and I'll post it for you on my blog. Yep, you're welcome, I'm just that kind of guy.
I wish to point out that I did not call David out -- Adrian did. My "challenge" was mostly to Adrian and a way to make a point, I had no idea it was going to erupt into what it has...It was not, as I think David may be suggesting, a gimmick to generate links and traffic. But that aside, and in the spirit of the challenge...

Gal 2:20 -- I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and delivered Himself up for me.

1 Cor 15:3-4 -- For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

John 15:11-14a -- "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may be in you, and {that} your joy may be made full. "This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you. "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. "You are My friends,

That David, is the best love letter I know how to write to you or anybody else (well, except maybe my wife). Now, where do I send the check? And have you contributed to my mission fund yet?

UPDATE 5/20/05 6:15AM PDT

Apparently, I have this all wrong. Jollyblogger is now subject to arrest for daring to challenge the rest of us. I feel somewhat guilty as David seems to think I started all of this "challenge" business. David, if they find you call me. The number is US BLOG OTI ONAL -- I'll be happy to post your bail and you can give me that contribution to the mission fund.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory