Sunday, May 22, 2005

 

There Has To Be A Better Way

F.D.A. Considers Implant Device for Depression
I really have a problem with this. For the record, I have struggled with life debilitating depression at a couple of points in my life. I am not without understanding of the nature of this illness.

But I got over it, without drugs and without implants. I know the value of Prozac and it's ilk and I have watched it improve the lives of many, many people. But it disturbs me that our society is increasingly turning to artifical means to overcome emotional difficulty. It is especially disturbing to me in children whose problems generally result from their parents issues.

We really need to start doing the hard work of getting better. It is very hard work, but it pays of in the end. I think the real problem is that it is almost impossible to get over these illnesses without artificial aid absent faith. But I also think that creates an opportunity.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory