Sunday, May 01, 2005

 

Ugh...

When I was in high school, dinosaurs ruled the earth. Not really, but if you ask the Bible study kids they might beg to differ. Where was I?

When I was in high school, soccer was a club sport for those that could not hack it in the athletic department with us real athletes playing football (the NOT soccer kind) and basketball. But again, a diversion.

When I was in high school, the soccer team gave out after every game the "UGH award" for the person that issued the hardest "tackle," although I still have no idea what a "tackle" is in soccer. I presume it involves a hard hit of some kind.

I am now going to institute the UGH award for public speech. I will give this award whenever I read something that is so egregiously stupid that it hits me in the gut like an open field tackle. The first UGH award goes to an unamed college teacher quoted in a post from Cheat Seeking Missles.
"You're just here to make a buck. It's not like you're from the government, coming here to do something good for the community."
I don't know what's worse, that they think making a buck is an automatic disqualifier for truth, or that the government always has the community's best interest at heart. However you slice it, it hits you in the gut and makes you go "UGH!"

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory