Friday, June 17, 2005

 

Even Fox Falls Into The Trap

Now I'm really honked off. I posted last week here and here about the MSM rush to use the historically loaded word "fragging" as concerns an incident in Iraq. Yesterday FOXNews reports that arrests were made in the incident and they to insisted on using the term, relying on the "strict" definition that I discussed earlier.

We all know that words have definitions and then they have implications. The term "fragging" in this setting serves no purpose other than to conjure the image of Vietnam and continue the left wing drumbeat that Iraq=Vietnam. That equation is false; purely the product of the fevered imaginations of those opposed to this administration.

But that is not the real reason I started this post. The initial post (linking to this from Dadmanly) that I did on the incident, before American involvement as anything other than victims was known, concerned the MSM's breaking of blackouts and calling families from the units involved and asking them if they knew if their soldier was injured...something that is just heinous and dishonorable.

Well, Dadmanly's wife, as one of the families caught in that trap, is now sharing her insights.
My turn again! Today marks one week that I did not know whether or not my husband was alive or with the Lord. It has been a week of many twists and turns and an extremely heavy, heavy weight that I could physically feel over me and I could not seem to shake it.

God being God "again" showed me His Power, His Strength, His Provision, His Love, His Compassion, His Grace, His Mercy, His knowing exactly what I need when I need it. I have been sharing with many and asking for prayer and praying myself, but last night was the time God chose to allow me to again "let Go.?
Heroism involves sacrifice, and the sacrifice of those our soldiers leave behind is enormous. Their heroism is immense. Thank them and pray for them at every opportunity.

UPDATE:

Assumption of Command picks up the issue of the media rush to the term "fragging" in this case. It's good to get a soldiers perspective! He points out the differences between the official military version of the story and the MSM embellishments.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory