Saturday, June 11, 2005

 

The Greatest Blog Post Ever Written

Finally, Something Form HuffPo I Agree With

This from Harry Shearer. Normally, I can't take much of Harry, but when he is right, he is right.
I know advertising lies like a mother. I know you can't believe movie trailers. But wouldn't cable news channels think twice about tainting their (cough) credibility with promotional announcements that are demonstrably false?
Harry has been in the media game far too long not to know how it's played. Not sure why he is picking on the particular promo he is just becasue it's for news, but he's got a point. Just once, I'd like to see a promo that said something like, "Not the best television show you'll ever watch, but it will give you an excuse to sit still and take a nap."

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory