Tuesday, June 14, 2005

 

The US Army Is 230 Years Old Today!

So says, Assumption of Command. Mustang 23 celebrates by listing his favorite Army movie quotes from movies like "Stripes," "M*A*S*H," and "Forrest Gump." But he lieft out one of my personal favorite military movies -- "Full Metal Jacket" Actually, FMJ is two movies, the first half in boot camp, which is great, and the second when deployed in Vietnam which is just wierd. It is also about the Marine Corps and not the Army, so technically, it does not qualify for Mustang's celebration, but I cannot resist the opportunity -- With apologies to the undoubted superiority of the Army. (Is that enough butt kissing to keep them from attacking me later? -- If not, let me know, I'll post more.)

Anyway, R. Lee Ermy plays the boot camp drill sargeant and is absolutely unforgettable. This and This are soundboards where you can click and hear any number of his grossly profane comments. My personal favorite
You are so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.
Now that is an insult.

And of course, now that I have opened, at grave personal risk, the door to the Marine Corps, there is also "Heartbreak Ridge" with Clint Eastwood in which he utters, in response to an inquiry by a general officer about the state of a deployment, "Frankly Sir, I think it's a cluster*&^*."

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory