Thursday, June 09, 2005

 

Wish I Had An Answer

Eternal Perspectives had a great post on a problem he is struggling with. You really need to read the whole post to understand it completely, so please to so, then come back. I'll wait.....


...Good, you're back. I relate to this in every way. From the non-ordained religious education to the youth in Indiana. (Actually Mike doesn't mention that in the post, but I happen to know we share it.) Here is Mike's conclusion
Am I getting old? Or am I getting wise? Or do I not care anymore about the church? Those are the questions I struggled with over the past week, and I still don?t have an answer. Until I do, it will be difficult for me to think about or focus on much else. (I won?t even get into whether or not my time should be spent on my local church or blogging: both are ministry - to me - but which is the higher priority? I think I know the answer, but I just don?t like it.)
My advice? -- blog! Here's why -- Individuals make up the body of Christ -- denominations and congregations are simply tools to organize that, and it is often the case that the tool becomes more important than it's purpose. (Come on guys, how many of us have cut wood just because we love using the power saw? - Guilty as charged, but I find a router even more fun.)

When I get to the point that Mike describes, and I have been for several years now, I "drop out" of church work -- committees, meetings, programs, and I drop into people. I lead small groups, I teach small studies, and lately, I blog. Mostly I go back and touch people like I hope Jesus would touch them. I remember Jesus came for them, not to build a church, a doctrine, or a theology.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory