Saturday, July 30, 2005

 

Bad Judgment

Sometimes, I do not exercise the best blogging judgment. Last Monday when I read David Kennedy's NYTimes op-ed I found it so idiotic as to not deserve refutation. Kennedy dismisses our volunteer military as mercenaries.

There is an old cliche, "When arguing with a fool, make sure he is not similarly occupied." I figured that particular op-ed qualified.

But the creme-de-la-creme of the milblogoshpere, felt it necessary to defend themselves (Citizen Smash -- Greyhawk -- Blackfive) and then blogging mil-buddy, (and also part of the cream on the top of the milblogosphere) Dadmanly, decided to chime in yesterday. Far be it from me to question their judgement on such matters.

Dadmanly makes one of the great statements about what it means to be an American every written
It is the height of hypocrisy -- and perhaps reflective of an inner cowardice -- to assume that one can live in total liberty and freedom without ever making any sacrifice towards its preservation.
I am somewhat shamed by that statement -- I do what I can to support those that serve, but I have personally never served, now I'm too old. Shame on me.

This begs the question -- What have you done to preserve your liberty and freedom today?

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory