Tuesday, July 12, 2005

 

COUNTDOWN

The Shuttle is about to return to space. Here is the Space.com story and here the BBC.

I am truly grateful that America is about to return people to space under it's own power. I have to say that I am really tired of the politics of space and wish we would spend more time going there.


Deep Impact was cool, I mean check out this false color image. I think we were pretty well caught off guard by the fact that it had a "powdery surface" -- that indicates all sorts of things not previously considered, but how much better would it have been if we'd been leaving footprints instead of craters?

The cost-efficiencies of robotic exploration not withstanding, we should be in space. We should also be more willing to accept the risks involved in that endeavor. Science is learning about God's creation, and therefore, learning about God. I have a strong suspicion there are a whole bunch of things about God that we can find out there, but only if we go.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory