Sunday, July 24, 2005

 

Don't Hate Me Because I'm Beautiful...

...Not when you can hate me simply because I am not you. Now Al-Queada has killed near 100 in Egypt. I know, old news by now, but the analysis is just starting to roll in.

Sheep's Crib links to a couple of typically excellent Victor David Hansen pieces on the GWOT in general that lays out some of the serious concerns.

Captain Ed at Captain's Quarters points out that terrorism in Egypt is NOT because we invaded Iraq, putting the lie to that little bit of nonsense.

The Egypt thing just tells me this is beyond agendas -- it's just hatred. They're killing their own, for associating with "the other." What do they accomplish with this? In the end very little, save killing people.

Sometimes I wonder if it is not more than even hatred -- there is a perverse rationality to hatred -- sometimes I wonder if this is not just a pure love of killing. It cannot be pathology -- there are too many of them, and too many more that support them.

In the end, things like this cannot be analyzed, they simply must be made to act in a civil manner, or they must be destroyed. They are rapidly closing their options for the former, leaving only the later.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory