Monday, July 11, 2005

 

Least Important Accomplishment

For weeks I've been windmilling in front of mirrors and limbering up my neck in preparation for excessive head banging. I'm watching my carbs and hitting the hay early. Because in four days, at the Key Club in Los Angeles, I will be representing New York against some of the fiercest competitors ever to take the stage in one of the most important events of our lives: The U.S. Air Guitar Championships.
I have played quite a bit of air guitar in my life -- I think we all have, and if it makes these people happy, then I guess I am happy for them. But is a contest in which people do nothing but pretend to do something really newsworthy, in America's "paper of record?"

I plant this firmly in the "need's a life" camp.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory