Wednesday, July 20, 2005

 

Russians Steal American Science

When I was in junior high school and Skylab orbited the earth, NASA ran a competition for student submitted experiments for orbiting science lab. I was one of four students in Indianapolis to enter the competition, and while I did not win, I actually got quite a bit of local press over the entry.

My proposed experiment regarding growing food in orbit. Now we learn
While the plants have provided crews at Russia's Mir space station and at the international space station a periodic break from their freeze-dried food packs, the task of attending to the growth chambers results in a much more important psychological benefit that may prove vital in long-term manned spaceflight, such as that observed in the 1996 simulation.
I've been robbed!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory