Wednesday, July 06, 2005

 

This Should Not Happen

There are not enough of us trained in science that are vocal about our Christianity. The blog "A Physicist's Perspective" has been one of those places, where reason and faith co-existed well -- that is until now.
I'm going to be taking down this weblog, unfortunately. I've very much enjoyed it, both writing it, and interacting with other bloggers and commenters. But, for career reasons, I need to be somewhat more incognito for a while. As many of you know, I do research at the interface of physics and biology (some of my work could perhaps be considered molecular biology). I'm working towards becoming a professor at a research university eventually, and, unfortunately, views like mine can be unpopular at such institutions, so I need to avoid speaking quite so publicly for the time being.
I have to be honest -- I do not agree with David's decision here. - I have no idea of his circumstances, but I do not want any part of an educational institution that would stifle my perspectives whether officially or by peer pressure.

I will not fault or deride David here, to do so would be to stoop as low as those that are applying this pressure to him, but I will say this may be the saddest commentary on science education I have read in a very long time.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory