Monday, July 18, 2005

 

What About When You Are Younger?

This is another one of those studies that we should have known the conclusion to without the study.
A happy old age is what many people spend their lives preparing for, aiming for financial security and good health in their dotage. But one thing people need not worry about, it seems, is how clever they are. A study of more than 400 pensioners reveals that cognitive ability is unrelated to happiness in old age.
I'm afraid I don't even understand forming this question. In the first place, intelligence is highly overrated -- it does not even guarantee academic success. But in the second place, I cannot, even in my wildest imagination, posit a connection between it and happiness.

If anything, most of the really smart people I have ever met (which includes a few Nobel laureates in the sciences) they are some of the least happy people I have ever met.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory