Saturday, July 16, 2005

 

What Do You Get The Bomb That Has Everything?

N.M. Marks A-Bomb Anniversary

I have a pretty intense desire to visit the Trinity site -- that's where the first atomic bomb exploded. I driven as close as you can get to it without special permission, or on one of the very rare days when it is open to the public. And according to the linked piece, I am missing another opportunity this weekend.

Whatever else you may say, the atomic bomb is fascinating science, absolutely fascinating. Though I hope not in anger, I seriously hope to see one explode some day.

You may now start leaving comments calling me a "nut case" -- but I can't help it, I just find it fascinating.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory